Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's been a while...

Sorry for the lack of updates - once school got going I lost all sense of time. Here we go...a handful of books I've read...

For adults, A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve was a big disappointment for me. I have really enjoyed her work in the past so when I decided to devote all my spare time last weekend to starting and finishing a book, I chose Shreve's new release. For me it came down to not having anyone to root for. Because of my past history with the author, I did not apply the 50 page rule and kept hoping that things might get better. They didn't. The best part was learning a little about Kenya.

Kathy Jarombek, Director of Youth Services at Perrot Library recommended some great books recently. Among them - Tsunami (by Kimiko Kajikawa), There are Cats in This Book (by Viviane Schwarz) and Wolves (by Emily Gravett). All three received rave reviews at our school wide reading celebration last week.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this blog. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete