Tuesday, December 8, 2009

U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton

I LOVE Sue Grafton. I LOVE her private investigator, Kinsey Millhone. I wait and wait for each new book and then when it arrives I savor it. Oh sure, I want desperately to dive right in and read until I'm done but I don't. I read a chapter or two and then go and do something. Come back and read some more. I just don't want the book to end. If you have never read a Sue Grafton mystery go find A is for Alibi and start.

In U is for Undertow, it's 1988; Kinsey still uses a typewriter to record her reports, still uses index cards to organize her investigations, still heads to the public library to search microfiche. There is a terrific mystery and Grafton artfully tells a story that started in the 1960s. Great character development; great plot; good, clean fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment