Friday, July 16, 2010

Tip It! The World According to Maggie Griffin...for adults

For those who know me, they know I watch Kathy Griffin religiously - I admire her willingness to take on issues (Don't Ask Don't Tell) and her ability to see the absurd in everyday life. Oh sure, I spend some time asking myself, "Did she just say that?" but all in all it's good fun. I read her Official Book Club Selection last year and was pleasantly surprised to see her mom's Tip It! at Barnes and Noble the other day. Maggie Griffin is a saint - not because she puts up with her daughter but because she understands and accepts Kathy for who she is. The respect these two have for each other is wonderful. And it seems they follow a simple rule - don't take life too seriously and when life gets you down - tip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment