Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ladder of Years...Ann Tyler

I talk a lot about having a balanced book diet with the kids. And I since I try and practice what I preach I picked up Ann Tyler. I figured she would be my protein, my main course. And Ladder of Years is written beautifully but you know what, sometimes the main course looks pretty but doesn't have any taste. I am perhaps being a bit harsh but this is a book I became frustrated with early on and the only reason I stuck with it is because I wanted to see if Delia decided to return home after abandoning her family (on a whim, I might add). I imagine there are people who read this book and say of course that's how Tyler had to end the story. I am not one of them. Which means - if you choose to read the book we may have plenty to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment